Higher Education HR News
Here are news highlights from this week’s KC Connection:
- CUPA-HR Webinar: What Is Good and What Is Right: Ethics Training for Higher Education Institutions – June 17 (free, but registration is required)
- Higher Education Compliance Alliance (hosted by NACUA and created by 31 higher education associations, including CUPA-HR)
- We’re overhauling the CUPA-HR Knowledge Center! Get ready for a new look and feel, updated resources, additional toolkits and more – coming to a website near you in late June!
Hot Compliance Topics
- Six Month’s Leave Not a Reasonable ADA Accommodation
- Can Employers Dump Employees Onto Health Exchanges?
- Who’s Getting Targeted Under Title IX?
- Termination Under Last Chance Agreement No Bar to Arbitrator’s Reinstatement and Back Pay Award, Federal Court Holds
HR News and Trends
- An Introduction to Data-Driven Decisions for Managers Who Don’t Like Math
- Difficult Conversations: Nine Common Mistakes
- Controversy Over Presidential Salaries Report
- Minimum Wage Being Pushed Up State by State
Higher Ed News
- Re-evaluating the College Rankings Game
- Adjuncts Now Lead Some Faculty Senates
- Massachusetts Adjuncts Get Pay Raise and More Job Security
- Another Win for Adjuncts in Bay Area